Now you can access all of One Q’s features from smartphones and tablets
One Q’s New Mobile Print App is a cutting-edge solution that brings extra flexibility to secure printing, boosting productivity by letting users print from any portable device – and all done through the same easy One Q interface.
No matter where your users are, you can enhance security, upgrade your corporate print policy, improve cost control, and even add to your green credentials (since you will be lowering your carbon emissions from printing).
How does it work?
The One Q Mobile Print App can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. From wherever they are – off-site, at home, or on the move – users can then print securely to any printer in the fleet, based on their own print settings and permissions.
The Mobile Print App plugs into our One Q Secure Print Management solution, which is highly flexible, scalable and amazingly easy to install. This solution can be deployed on-site, in private and public clouds, or as a hybrid of all three.
No additional server and only One Driver
The new One Q Mobil Print App plugs directly into our One Q Secure Print Management solution (VDMS Server). You do no longer need an additional server to run mobile print, making it highly flexible, scalable and amazingly easy to install. This solution can be deployed on-site, in private and public clouds, or as a hybrid of all three.
It also works in conjunction with our unique One Driver software, which means that you no longer need dedicated print drivers for every model of printer in your fleet: One Driver does them all. And, since it can be installed remotely, fleet-wide, you are released from a huge amount of on-site manual intervention and user disruption.
One Q Mobile Print App benefits
- Works with on-site and/or cloud-based print servers
- All print jobs are tracked on the One Q server and all of the preconfigured print rules are applied
- Using the QR code scanner, username/password authentication releases print jobs securely at any printer/MFP on the network
- Users can select from options including number of copies required, paper size and orientation, simplex/duplex, colour or mono
- Users can choose to pause print jobs for printing later
- Jobs can be released from the print queue from within the app or from a PC, Mac, email2print or web upload
- Mobile printing on multiple print networks is easy
- The iOS app supports iWork, MS Office, csv, RTF, PDF, TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and raw file formats
- Android support is as for iOS, with the addition of OpenOffice (odt, ods, odp)
The new One Q Mobile Print App will be available free of charge for all new and existing customers with active maintenance on our Pull license or our Release All license. For customers that have previously bought One Q Mobility or GPS, the upgrade to the new One Q Mobility Print license will also be free of charge, obviously.
Manual on Partner Zone
For Partners with One Q Partner Zone access – Mobile Print App Manual is available here: https://oneq.tech/documentation/server-and-additional-software-documentation/
How to upgrade your customers
When you want to upgrade your customers to the new version, please contact our order desk at email@example.com and include the name of your customer and the http address of their VDMS Server, then we will send you the activation code needed to connect.